These easy homemade Mini Pancake Muffins are the perfect recipe for a quick and delicious breakfast! They have a basic pancake base, and can be filled with blueberries, chocolate chips, strawberries, and left as is to please everyone in your family- even the pickiest of eaters!
How to Make Pancake Mini Muffins:
Yields: 24 mini muffins
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole milk/alternative milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Optional: 1tablespoon maple syrup
- Optional muffin mix-ins: blueberries, raspberries, chocolate chips, shredded coconut, dried cranberries, chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400F/204C.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add the egg, milk/alternative, and melted butter (and optional maple syrup) to the bowl and combine until batter forms.
- Pour pancake batter into mini muffin pan and top with any desired muffin mix-ins or leave as is. Be sure to press mix-ins slightly into the batter before baking.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Enjoy!
These muffins can be stored in an airtight container in the refridgerator for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
This is a perfect recipe to batch make ahead of time for quick and easy breakfasts. They can be reheated in the microwave, toaster oven, or oven straight from the freezer.
They also make a perfect addition to lunchboxes! Throw it in there still frozen and it will be thawed by your childs lunch time!
These muffins are delicious as is however they can be enhanced with a variety of toppings! Consider serving these topped with:
- Peanut Butter
- Almond Butter
- Sun Butter
- Granola Butter
- Grass-Fed Butter
- Homemade Fruit Jam
- Maple Syrup