I LOVE pumpkin! However, it seems like most people reserve their pumpkin recipes just for the fall- and I think that’s nuts!
Pumpkin is DELICIOUS and should be enjoyed year round!
Not to mention, its packed full of nutrients such as vitamins A, C, and E and minerals such as magnesium and potassium!
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup whole milk (can use a non-dairy alternative)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 12-cup muffin tin
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, and beat slightly
- Add the remaining ingredients, and use a hand mixer to blend together until smooth. The batter may have some small lumps, but don’t overmix!
- Fill muffin cups almost to the tops with batter, then bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool slightly, then remove from muffin tin, and serve!
- Store in an air-tight container inside the fridge for 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Note: We used a MINI muffin pan for our- which are easier for a toddler to hold! If you use a mini muffin pan- decrease your cook time to 10 minutes!
These muffins can be stored in the refrigerator for 5 days or can be frozen and stored for 3 months! Frozen muffins are great for fast breakfasts or to throw into lunchboxes. Enjoy!
The author of this site encourages you to consult a doctor before making any health changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition. No information on this site should be relied upon to determine diet, make a medical diagnosis, or determine treatment for a medical condition. The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. For more information please read our full disclaimer here.