It isn’t a secret, I hate mornings.
But it never fails that every morning there is a little, hungry boy asking for breakfast! So instead of some sugary, store-bought pancakes I decided to make healthy blueberry banana pancakes!
These were mainly inspired by the rapidly browning bananas sitting on our kitchen counter. I am always too ambitious while grocery shopping…
The best part about these pancakes is that they only really require 2 ingredients (just banana and egg) but can be jazzed up in any way you want! Obviously, for this, I decided to throw in some blueberries (added antioxidants & flavor)!
- One large, ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- Optional, a pinch of cinnamon
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add some oil.
- Blend the eggs and banana in a blender until very smooth, 30 seconds to a minute. (add cinnamon if desired)
- Pour 2tbsp banana mixture in the hot skillet, drop in 2-3 blueberries, and cook for 1 minute.
- Flip and cook another minute.
- Serve immediately or freeze for 3 months!
I serve these up with a little maple syrup and a side of full-fat yogurt!